2015 – What A Catch!
First and foremost, Happy New Year! 2016 has arrived with a bang, as did the “big one” I caught during a holiday fishing trip with my family. I hope your new year has been filled with happiness and good fortune as well.
Looking back at 2015, I can’t imagine a better year at Caveon. We accomplished more than I thought possible when I founded this company with some friends 13 years ago. Some of my favorite 2015 highlights include:
- We added a new division this year, Caveon Investigative Services, the first full-service investigation offering specifically dedicated to high-stakes testing programs.
- Our integral involvement in the development of the first-ever Certified Exam Security Professional (CESP) certification program led to the release of the program and the exam. Read below for more info on CESP.
- Our test security experts visited many cities offering our Test Security Training Workshops in 2015. This is a 2-day long training course, where we bring test security to you.
- Caveon’s John Fremer and consultant John Olson co-authored the Technical Issues in Large Scale Assessment (TILSA)Test Security Guidebook: Lessons Learned by State Assessment Programs in Preventing, Detecting, and Investigating Test Security Irregularities, a very helpful resource for State assessment professionals, and a good resource for anyone in high-stakes testing.
- We co-hosted the fourth annual Conference on Test Security, held in Lawrence, Kansas, and plan on doing it again this fall.
- Caveon folks presented more than two dozen sessions at national and international conferences, published three new research white papers, and authored several book chapters on test security, including a chapter in the National Council of Measurement in Education’s publication Technology and Testing, Improving Educational and Psychological Measurement.
- Caveon developed and released Scorpion, a test development tool that provides the collaborative and innovative features necessary to develop tests more securely and less expensively.
- Speaking of test development, Caveon’s test development division is focusing more on security, and is now called Caveon Secure Exam Development & Support. Look for more about these exciting changes in the article below.
Looking back at 2015, one thing is certain. We couldn’t have done it without you – our friends, clients and colleagues. Thank you for your support, your loyalty and your effort in bringing test security to the next level. The entire Caveon family certainly looks forward to reeling in another ground-breaking year!